Gopal Maheshwari is Founder and Managing Partner of GM Corporate Solutions, with more than twenty years of experience in diverse consulting engagements across sectors. He has extensively worked in the infrastructure, energy, healthcare, media & exhibitions and e-commerce sectors.
Gopal has been a lead for financial and commercial operations of various corporations and has been a trusted advisor to several international corporations for their acquisitions and transaction structuring in India.
Some of his key experiences entail:
- Gopal has led several buy-side and sell-side deals wherein he has been involved in deal identification, deal structuring, development of the business plan and the valuation model, undertaking negotiations on behalf of the client and deal closure
- He was Associate Director at KPMG in India, wherein he advised several multinational and domestic companies on complex tax structuring of cross border acquisitions, structuring for entry strategies, policy matters and procedures relating to FDI including dealing with the Government to obtain approvals on various matters
- He led several prominent due diligence audits and tax structuring assignments as part of Ernst & Young assurance division and PWC regulatory division
- Gopal headed the finance function as CFO of Expomedia Group UK. He was responsible for the finance, legal and commercial matters of all group companies in India and led several acquisitions made by the Company in the Asia Pacific region
- Gopal is associated with various Industries Association and Chambers of Commerce in India and abroad.